- All Megapulse products are warranted against manufacturing defects for a minimum period of 7 years or as stated on the box.
Not covered are, inter alia:
- Physical damage or alteration to the casing, wires or terminals
- Failure resulting from connection to an incorrect type of battery or voltage source
- Damage caused by failure to heed warning notices. In particular, failure due to repetitive load tests when checking state of health of multiple batteries without 30sec cooling off period.
- Consequential damage caused by the failure of the Megapulse unit
In case of problems, the following procedure is recommended:
Simple checks if Megapulse doesn't seem to be working:
- Not Mk.4 36v/48v units: Disconnect then reconnect Megapulse to reset it to LO mode.
- Mk.4 36v/48v units: connect charger to batteries and wait a few minutes for Megapulse to switch on. If it does, apply the magnet to select LO mode.
- Check the battery voltage against the table of minimum operating voltage. Ensure the voltage is greater than the minimum required operating voltage
- Check the Megapulse unit is correctly connected to the battery, with the red wire to the + terminal
- For a second opinion, attach to another known good battery and check operation
- Check that the cables and terminals are not broken
- Try the radio test to confirm operation
- Prior to returning the unit, we recommend that you send us an email describing the problem, or phone us for support in case the problem is easy to rectify
- Return the unit to : Megapulse SA, 41 Plantation Road, Heatherlands, George, 6529, South Africa
- If the product is found to be defective, it will be repaired or replaced free of charge within the warranty period.
- The customer must return the unit(s) to Megapulse SA at their cost. Megapulse SA will ship the new or repaired unit(s) at our cost.
- Replacement will only occur after we have received the failed unit.
- Make sure we have your contact details including return address, contact phone number or email address.
- The warranty is not transferable, and does not restart if and when a faulty unit is replaced.
Consumer Protection Act guidelines:
- Failures within 6 months will be replaced or repaired, provided they are not the result of product mistreatment.
- Failures within the product warranty period (5-7 years from initial purchase date) will be replaced or repaired, provided they are not the result of product mistreatment.
- 5 business-day cooling off period "change-of-mind" returns for refund do not apply to retail sales - only direct marketing.
- Retain your invoice as proof of purchase; this is required for all warranty replacements in the 7-year period.
- Returned goods found to be physically damaged will be inspected for abuse, which if found will be grounds for no replacement under warranty.
- Returned goods found to be in good working condition will not be replaced.
Terms & conditions of sale: